Thursday, August 16, 2012

Laura

She's here! We are so in love with our new baby girl!
She came on Sunday...the day I wrote my last blog post and the day after my mom left. Stinker. We went to the park and to Bob's Big Gas Subs and Pub for supper. I thought I was having contractions but they were really mild and really spread out. I didn't think anything of it because I'd heard of people having contractions in the evenings for several evenings before their babies are born. I started feeling them more as I was putting Rebecca to be at 8 and started timing them at 8:30. We called Matt's mom to stay with Rebecca and called our friends Micheal and Marty to come over while Mrs. Joan came down from Elkin. The contractions were really strong and at 9:15 my water broke. Thankfully that was right when Micheal and Marty were getting here. We rushed to the hospital and I probably got to my room at 9:30. I was having painful contractions and feeling pressure but I didn't really know if that was normal or not because with Rebecca my water broke before I had any contractions and once I was got to the hospital and got an epidural pretty early on. Once the nurse checked me I was shocked to hear I was at 10 cm and -2 station. She got on the phone and people started rushing in. I pushed three times and Laura was here. We could not believe it happened so fast. The doctor called it a precipitous birth. Precipitous, indeed.
We spent Sunday and Monday night in the hospital and got to come home Tuesday.
When Rebecca came in to meet her baby sister I think she was more interested in my phone :)
She did warm up to her and has been really sweet so far. She's been going to daycare and we've really tried to focus on Rebecca in the the evenings.
Laura is so sweet! All Rebecca wanted to do as a newborn was sleep and all Laura wants to do is be held. What? I can't just plunk you down in your crib whenever we get done nursing at night? We'll see how I do with real baby this time. Matt has been so great about taking care of Rebecca and doing all the chores. I have been napping as much as possible and I feel really good so far. I'm so excited for our family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment